-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Velly Intwesting

  • From: <recklessmaverick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 23:03:29 -0400

IIRC Vista controls the boot.  That is why it must be installed after XP.
Correct?

If the files are moved from the Data drive root to the XP root without Vista
being involved somehow, how will that impact the boot after the move?

What if:

1. Make images
2. Boot to Vista
3. Move the files using Windows Explorer or by COPY in a command window.
Does it matter which?
4. Use ezBCD to reinstall the Vista Bootloader

Or will the Vista bootloader look for and find the missing files on its own?

Don