-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Thunderbird

  • From: recklessmaverick <recklessmaverick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 22:40:04 -0500

The process was not running either.  The problem you descibe the fix for
would be if you have started Thunderbird and then try to start it
again.  Of course, there may be other scenarios that could be fixed the
same way, but not the one I described.  I wish I still had the error on
my clipboard so I could google it again and provide links to better
describe the problem and the fixes.

Don

On 11/27/2010 10:35 PM, Bundt, Albert E SGM RET wrote:
> it will not show Thunderbird as running...2nd page of Task Manager is
> Processes.... down under thu ....it will show the Thunderbird Process
> running but not the app on 1st page. I am assuming since the process is
> running and not the app it thinks it is running and will only open 1 app
> at a time.
> On 11/27/2010 7:19 PM, recklessmaverick wrote:
>> Unfortunately, Thunderbird was NOT running and was NOT listed in the
>> Task Manager.  The problem I was having is typically caused by a bad
>> shutdown process that leaves the wrong file locked or by a corrupted or
>> incorrect profile file.
>>
>> On 11/27/2010 9:54 PM, Bundt, Albert E SGM RET wrote:
>>> If you get that command you can also. Bring up taskmaster....go to
>>> process....end thunderbird process. Then it will reopen. I get this
>>> sometimes the message....Thunderbird is already running ....so it won't
>>> open.

in the Subject.