-=PCTechTalk=- Re: The dll from hell

  • From: "Jan Robey" <hrstreak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 13:08:27 -0400

Actually the patch never downloaded ....this was the result of the download:
file C:windows\system\msvcp60.dll is in use & cannot be installed.

So then I went after the dll & the instructions for the dll said to put it
in C:\Windows\system.  I saved it in a temporary file & double clicked on it
& tried to extract it in the windows system file.  That's when I got the
second message: The process cannot access the file because it is being used
by another process cannot create c:\windows\system\msvcp60.dll

Darryl just said: if not you may have to replace the dll from in dos, not a
dos prompt in windows, but from dos itself.  Thank you Darryl, this is
exactly what I think I should do  BUT  I haven't a clue as to how to do
that.  The only time I have ever been in Dos is when a dell tech told me to
do certain things to run a diagnostic. How I got there & out was never
explained to me.

I have the dll waiting to go in...would you please walk me through the
process?

Jan