-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Thanks to all my friends

  • From: <TechRose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 15:53:13 -0800

Gosh! I would be thrilled..... we have a widow's deduction that is $1000
off..but that is $1000 off assessed  valuation..so that is not much..

I have never taken it... (I have qualified for 14 yrs - well did once as
someone told me to sign this paper..and I did...not realizing what  it was..
but you have to ask for it each year and sign up for it)
I won't take it as I think it is wrong that it is only for widows and not
for widowers too!
I wanted it taken off the books or made available for widowers too!

I know the legislature would never open this up these days..and amend the
bill. ( Then Vets have their own property tax discounts and Lord knows no
one would touch that piece of legislation!)  Just in trying to amid the
widow's bill there would be arguments on all sides.

What about single mothers/fathers?
What about the disabled?
What about seniors?
What about the poor?
What about widowers?
And then there would be the gay activists who would think that if their
marriages are not legally recognized then they should have some other
stipulation to cover them when one dies.  Then the folks who have "lived
together" but are not married and one dies, would say me too!

Heck, no one wants to pay taxes.  I would be thrilled not to have to pay
them!  I own property that was to be income for me later in life.  I may
lose it for taxes now.  Seems they created a special improvement district
and put in sewers and new water lines and such.  I have to pay to have it
all hooked up, but cannot hook up the house that is there (complicated
issue) but they tax me on the house I cannot live in and want to fine me for
not hooking up what they will not allow me to hook up.  Even the DA thinks
it does not make sense..but does not know what to do.  I can be prosecuted
for not hooking up....lol! But he is not doing that now..but the county
wants to take the property for the taxes which included the thousands of
dollars each year for this hookup and to pay off the load of the special
improvement district that I could not vote on since I do not live in the
district...lol!

Sorry to go on and on.. Just enjoy the tax free situation..and know.. you
really ARE lucky... yea! for you..and I am serious..I am NOT complaining you
get something I do not.

Hugs,
Rose

So, count your blessings