-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Tablet PC questions

  • From: "RecklessMaverick" <recklessmaverick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 12:54:09 -0400

The iPod Touch is basically the same as the iPhone except without the
telephone feature.  The iPad is larger and typically has a bit more power
and speed than the smaller Touch.

In a laptop it is normal to expect about 750GB of storage, a 2GHz or faster
processor (dual or quad core) and 4 to 6 GB of RAM.
In a tablet PC you can expect up to 64GB of storage, a 500MHz to 2GHz
processor and 256MB to 2GB of RAM.
In an iPod Touch size device you can expect about the same as a full size
tablet but more towards the lower end of the specs.

All three will have a nice video card.  With small screens you don't need
the power and speed you need in a large laptop or desktop computer.  Most
will offer 720p HD quality.  Some will also have a HD output to connect to
the TV or monitor.

Don