-=PCTechTalk=- Re: System Recovery

  • From: "recklessmaverick@xxxxxxxxxx" <recklessmaverick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2009 23:50:28 -0400

That is an option I do not have with my HP recovery disk set.  In any
case, backup anything you want to save.

Since any type of recovery will be overwriting the system files you will
need to do your Windows Updates over again.  If you have installed your
downloaded programs you will likely need to reinstall them.  Make sure
you backup the downloaded program's installation files before you start.

Don

Bob T wrote:
> I consider hard recovery to be totally wiping and reinstall.  This is an HP
> and recovery offers at least two options.  On replaces win files to original
> state.  The other saves "hopefully" your files. DBX etc.  I just do not know
> if it will wipe out updates and downloaded programs.
>
> I may just suck it in and wait for Win 7 to be tried a few weeks and see how
> it goes.
> Thanks for responses,
> Bob T

in the Subject.