-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Such member found!

Yes to the first, the link I gave you tells you the second, and, unless you
*really* know what you are doing, DON'T EVER DELETE ANYTHING FROM THE
REGISTRY!!!!  Your system will definitely go bonkers or worse if you delete
something from the registry without knowing what it is and what it does.
This particular virus installs more than one registry entry and it points
to more than one system file.  If you miss something, things could go very
wrong.

The search in the registry and for those files will only tell you if you
are possibly infected.  If you find them, run the tool and follow the
directions *carefully*.  Keep in mind that if you are infected, you may
have to reinstall your AV program after you run the tool from a fresh known
good copy.

On 5/16/2003 at 5:49 AM a whisper was heard, and the one known as Glo was
rumoured to have uttered....

          |  Do you just put wink* in the search files &
          |  folders box? And what would the
          |  registry key say?  Do you just delete it?--Glo

          |            |
          |            |
          |            |
          |            |
          |            |
          |            |  On 5/15/2003 at 8:32 AM a whisper was heard, and
          |  the one known
          |            |  as DH (Rick)
          |            |  Holmes was rumoured to have uttered....
          |            |
          |            |            |  Darryl wrote:
          |            |            |  > See the thing is, I know I didnt
          |  physically
          |            |  send that email.
          |            |            |  >
          |            |            |  > Darryl
          |            |            |
          |            |            |  All the sysmptoms of a virus, and
          |  Norton
          |            |  apparently spotted
          |            |            |  it.  AVG did
          |            |            |  not. Am I infected, I ask? What are
          |  the next
          |            |  steps required if
          |            |            |  any?
          |            |            |  Also, of interest  -  my desktop
          |  icons were all
          |            |  rearranged
          |            |            |  last night,
          |            |            |  and there was no reason for it that
          |  I was aware
          |            |  of.
          |            |            |  Thanks,
          |            |            |  Rick H
          |            |            |
          |            |            |  To unsub or change your email
          |  settings:
          |            |            |
          |  http://www.freelists.org/webpage/pctechtalk
          |            |            |
          |            |            |  To access our Archives:
          |            |            |
          |  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PCTechTalk/messages/
          |            |            |
          |  http://www.freelists.org/archives/pctechtalk/
          |            |            |
          |            |            |  For more info:
          |            |            |
          |            |
          |  http://www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/list?list_id=pctechtalk
          |            |
          |            |
          |            |  ********* And So It Was ***********
          |            |
          |            |  To unsub or change your email settings:
          |            |  http://www.freelists.org/webpage/pctechtalk
          |            |
          |            |  To access our Archives:
          |            |
          |            |  http://www.freelists.org/archives/pctechtalk/
          |            |
          |            |  For more info:
          |            |
          |  http://www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/list?list_id=pctechtalk
          |            |  To unsub or change your email settings:
          |            |  http://www.freelists.org/webpage/pctechtalk
          |            |  To access our Archives:
          |            |  http://www.freelists.org/archives/pctechtalk/
          |            |  For more info: