-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Strange noise

  • From: "Sandi Beach" <sandib2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 08:57:12 -0500

You knew I would be back with questions, didn't you???I have been poking
around in the control panel regarding SoundMax and anything else related to
sound. I found the current driver version and it was established in 2002.  I
ran Checkit Diagnostics and it says everything is working properly!
Now, it would seem to me that since I had some static and noises that made
me think I had been struck by lightning, the problem should be with the
speakers.  They have been there since 1998.
The light is on and the volume is up on the speaker but no sound.
Now, if you tell me I still need to search for a new driver, please tell me
how to go about that. Do I google for SoundMAX web site and search there for
a new driver?
Oh, and how do I check the "driver settings"?
Sandi