-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Strange noise

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 14:29:14 -0400

Sandi,
Ok, you can use this first link to get to the main support page for your
mobo.  There are lots of links for support services, including the second
one below where you can determine all of the latest drivers for anything
attached to the board (including sound).

http://www.intel.fi/support/motherboards/desktop/d845PESV/

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Product_Filter.aspx?ProductID=890

So, go to and bookmark the first link and then use the second to find all of
the drivers available for your mobo.  This won't be all of the ones for your
system, but it will include some of the most important ones.  At this point,
you'r eonly looking to get the sound driver, but you may want to come back
here and update your chipset driver later on.

Peace,
Gman

http://www.thevenusproject.com/index.php

in the Subject.