-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Strange filenames....

  • From: "Don" <dsw32952@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 10:47:52 -0500

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: ~OoO~
  To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, February 21, 2005 10:25 AM
  Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: Strange filenames....

  Don, I'll only mention the obvious because I don't know how literate you are
with the computer.

  When you did the search, what did you enter for the search term? To search
for files beginning with "cho" you should have search like this "cho*" ---
without the quotes. The asterisk indicates "anything after" the "cho". Did you
search it this way?

  Also. by default, the Windows search will not search for hidden files, so
make sure you change the default search settings to include hidden files.

  Also. I assume you did a search on just the pictures you were working on? No
need to search the entire computer, unless you have alternative reasons.

  ---Troth

Yep.  Did all that.  Still puzzled.  :-))  Got any less than obvious ideas?
I'm not a computer genius but I'm knowledgeable enough to ask if I don't
understand something.

I am very certain that I never had any files named like that.  I suspect that
the sheer quantity of files may have forced an anomaly to occur.

Don

Do YOU want a gmail account invitation?  Include your email address in the body
of a private message to dsw32952@xxxxxxxxx

---