-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Still pics from video

  • From: "Sr. Dorothy Robinson" <srdorothy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 18:29:16 -0700

I just tried this procedure in ubuntu with vlc, Don, and the save process is
different from the tutorial:
It didn't ask where to save, just saved automatically in the hidden folder
/home/username/.local/share  --but I snapped enough shots that I finally was
able to read the momentarily-visible save path!

I'm assuming the tutorial was for Windows, so you should have no trouble if
running Windows.

Sr. Dorothy

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 6:18 PM, Sr. Dorothy Robinson
<srdorothy@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Hi, Don--
>
> VLC media player is for Windows and other OSes....and it should do just
> what you want according to the description in this tutorial (I haven't tried
> it personally, but now that I've found it, I will!)
>
> http://www.ehow.com/how_2142404_capture-still-image-video.html
>
> Here is where to download vlc free:
>
> http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html
>
> If instead you are running Linux, vlc is for linux too.  It's in the Ubuntu
> package repository, but available from
> http://www.afterdawn.com/software/audio_video/media_players/vlc_linux.cfmfor
> other versions of Linux.
>
> I've used vlc for playing videos; didn't know you could do this grab of a
> still picture....so thanks for the question.
>
> Sr. Dorothy
>
> On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 5:32 PM, <don@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Does any body know of any simple and free software that will allow me to
>> extract still shots from a video?  Need to take a lot of pics of myself
>> and
>> using the 10-second timer is a pain in the you know whatsit.  J

>> "unsubscribe" in the Subject.
>>
>> To access our Archives:
>> //www.freelists.org/archives/pctechtalk/
>>
>> To contact only the PCTT Mod Squad, write to:
>> pctechtalk-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>
>> To join our separate PCTableTalk off-topic group, send a blank email to:
>> pctabletalk+subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

in the Subject.