-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Startup popup

  • From: "John W." <skeets@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 15:27:25 -0600

I had the same problem. If it's a messenger service box with the
advertisement inside then what she needs to do is enable the firewall that
comes with windows XP. I had Zone Alarm installed and it didn't stop it but
when I enabled the windows XP firewall that stopped it.

I found the fix be doing a search in google about the problem. I don't
remember which but their is a port that Zone Alarm does not close but the XP
firewall does to stop the popup.

John