-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Start up Message

Here is the fix for this problem:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=3Dkb;EN-US;q243431
Error Message: Unable to Load the Dynamic Link Library: Msnp32.dll (Q243431)

=B7       Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition
=B7       Microsoft Windows 98
=B7       Microsoft Windows 95

SYMPTOMS
When you start Windows, you may receive the following error message:
Unable to load the dynamic link library:

msnp32.dll

Some or all of the following feature is not available:

Microsoft Network
If you click OK to load Windows, the Network Neighborhood icon may be=20
missing from the desktop and you may not be able to gain access to the=20
network or any network resources.
CAUSE
This behavior can occur if the Msnp32.dll file is missing, corrupted, or=20
not registered.
RESOLUTION
To resolve this behavior, extract a new copy of the Msnp32.dll file from=20
the Windows installation media. For additional information about how to=20
extract a file, click the article number below to view the article in the=20
Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Q129605 How to Extract Original Compressed Windows Files
If the behavior continues after extracting the file, remove and reinstall=20
the Client for Microsoft Networks using the Network tool in Control Panel.

hth

Mac