-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Slipstream vs ATI image

  • From: "recklessmaverick@xxxxxxxxxx" <recklessmaverick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2009 23:08:59 -0400

I'm currently using the 3-user version of AVG Security Suite.  When
Computer Associates finally makes a 64-bit version of their suite
available from my ISP (Roadrunner) I will likely go back to it.

www.ncix.ca is a broken link right now.  I'll look again later.

I don't think I have ever seen Windows Defender pop up with any
warnings.  Maybe I'm just a good internet user or AVG is catching every
thing first.
Don

Mike the mod wrote:
> Hi Don,
> I often add Zone Alarm free as well to computers I fix up.
>
> On my own I use/trust the Eset Security Suite.
> I bought the 3 computer 3 year licence 2 years ago and
> have never had an infection.
>
> It will not allow a download of anything is suspects is
> malicious.
> The other day there was a free download of Nero 9
> I could not complete the download as it had the
> Ask Toobar Trojan bundled with it.
>
> This computer my Vista Home Pro made for me by
> www.ncix.ca has Windows Defender on it but it
> has never done anything other than asking if I wish to
> notify MS of a trusted application install.
>
> I have been recommending Avira formerly H&Bev antivir
> for around 8 years it is one of the best AV programs
> I have found.
>
> Cheers
> Mike the mod

in the Subject.