-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Sir Troth's recommendation

  • From: ~OoO~ <SirTroth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 00:22:17 -0500

Just keep in mind that if the virus is in your SYSTEM RESTORE backups, the
virus will not actually be active. But, the problem is that the virus scanners
see it in the backups and report it as being on your system. So, while no harm
would be done with the virus being the backups, you would have the
inconvenience of constantly being told you have a virus.
Also... if the virus is in your SYSTEM RESTORE backups, you now have to hope
you don't accidentally reinfect your machine by restoring a backup.

::: Troth :::
ICQ: 1717439
MSN: SirTroth@xxxxxxxxxxx
Yahoo IM: SirTroth