-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Shortcut keys in XP

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 22:09:28 -0800

Hi Dick,
the easiest work around is to create a folder and drag them all into it.

Or if you like you can probably delete them if the have the white arrow on
them indicating that they are only 'short cuts', not applications.

http://www3.telus.net/mikebike
<http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/mikes_virus_page.htm>
MyDoom A & B info and removers
http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/MyDoom-B%20worm.html
A Technical Support Alliance & OWTA Charter Member

On 29/01/2004 at 9:55 PM Dick Moores wrote:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/tips/october/ong1.asp

The above page describes how to create a shortcut key. (Example:
Ctrl+Shift+E for calling Eudora.) In the instructions it says to put the
shortcut on the desktop, but doesn't say it must be placed there.

I just got a new computer with XP Pro. I plan to make a bunch of shortcut
keys for various programs, folders, documents and URLs, but don't want
them cluttering my desktop. Is there a workaround?

Thanks,

Dick Moores