-=PCTechTalk=- Re: SP3 & IE7...cannot uninstall IE7 anymore

  • From: "Ryan Greenier" <rgreenier@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 16:57:06 -0400

IE6 is very insecure and I would recommend anybody still using it to move
off of it. IE6 is tied into the OS which is one of the reasons why
vulnerabilities found are usually far more serious (i.e. remote code
execution leading to priv escalation and/or complete system access).
I personally use FireFox with several plug-ins to archive the desired
results that I am looking for. It is updated more often, and is arguably one
of the safest browsers out there. Although I do use IE7 (via the explorer
tab plug-in within FireFox) for certain sites that don't want to code using
open standards (which IE8 should help out with).

- Ryan