-=PCTechTalk=- Re: SP3

  • From: "Sandi Beach" <sandib2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 17:19:57 -0500

Hey, I tried 3 times to download SP3 and failed every time.  Got an error
message which I googled and found that others have had problems too but no
fixes except some being advertised to download.  I have sent a request to
Microsoft for help and they replied I should get an e-mail within 24 hours.
I did some FAQ's and troubleshooting and one suggestion was to disable the
anti-virus just long enough to download SP3.  I did not try that yet but I
will if Microsoft cannot help..
SP3 seems to be a darned if you do, and darned if you don't kind of
thing---at least for some of us.
I hesitated to post today as my problem pales compared to Sammi's.  Hope
someone can help you soon.
Sandi
P.S.  And, yes, I did agree to the Eula even though I did not read it
carefully or fully understand it.