-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Restoring win ME

  • From: "cristy" <poppy0206@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2004 22:50:53 -0400

Hey all,

My uncle is starting from scratch on his hard drive again because he had so
many problems on it previously.  So he decided to wipe his drive clearn.  He
has a restore disk to install that has the quick start option.  I used quick
start when I used my disk on my system to start over.  He wants me to
install it for him.  His system is WIN ME, I use home XP.  Anything
different I need to know.  Dont think I can mess anything up just following
the directions once I click on quick start.  Next I would install his ISP
stuff, and then his Nortons antivirus, then do the windows updates, speaking
of which anyone recall where I can order the CD with all the updates on it
or is it too late? After that Id d/l and install zone alarm,  adaware,
spybot, spyblaster, etc..

thanks,
christy