-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Restore CD versus format

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 19:54:28 -0800

Hi Beverly,
I have a page here with some info and links to the XP Upgrade Advisor here;
http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/Mike%27s_XP_info.html

You can download and run the advisor and it will tell you where the problems
may be.
In XP you can run in 'compatibility mode' to make the computer run like a
Win 98 so you can run older programs.

I hope this helps

http://www3.telus.net/mikebike
<http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/mikes_virus_page.htm>
A Technical Support Alliance & OWTA Charter Member

On 06/01/2004 at 7:26 PM Beverly Hahn wrote:

This brings up another question.  I have Win 98SE which I like very much
with none of the problems I've seen mentioned from time to time--and
many older programs that I use.  I have downloaded all the updates to
Win 98SE to a CD and have the original installation disk.  What are the
chances that I would be able to use my old programs with XP should I
upgrade as listed below?  Or would I be better off just continuing with
Win 98?

TIA.

Beverly