-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Re-stallation of HP Scanner a bust

  • From: lavalier <lavalier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 20:08:13 -0500

Gman-
I'm sorry I wasn't very clear.  Firt, I did d/l the latest versions of Java.
In my add/remove window I show these two Java references:
Java 6 update 7
Java 6 update 11

Then I updated the latest XP Windows downloads. Rebooted and when I
attempted to use my scanner I received the following message:

"An error occurred communicating with the scanning device.  please ensure
that the scanning deviceis connected properly and try again"

I tried diffeerent USP ports and even tried a different USB cable.  Still
the same message.  The only thing I havn't done was to try reinstalling with
my Norton Security turned off.  I understand that this can cause issues and
I suppose that will be my next task.

But I have to admit that my computers issue could be my own fault.  I've
installed and uninstalled so many different programs including upgrading to
the trial Office 2007 from Office 2000, but fianlly not signing up for 2007
and going back to using Office 2000.  Since then all kinds of wacky things
have been happening. I really should set up one of my older computers to
play with as was suggested, but I just haven't gotten around to it. :(