-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Registry Cleaners EasyCleaner

  • From: "Mike the mod" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2006 16:01:14 -0800

Hi Joyce,
2 things<G>
set a Restore Point before using it.
Export/backup your registry before using it.

From Help> Index> Keyword;
restoring backed-up System

To back up System State data
Using the Windows interface

Open Backup.
The Backup Utility Wizard starts by default, unless it is disabled.

Click the Advanced Mode button in the Backup Utility Wizard.
Click the Backup tab, then in Click to select the check box for any drive,=
 folder, or file that you want to back up, select the System State check=
 box. This will back up the System State data along with any other data you=
 have selected for the current backup operation.

I think EasyCleaner has a registry backup function a well.

Mike
******* Mike's  REPLY SEPARATOR *********

On 1/7/2006 at 5:46 PM Joyce wrote:

Success!!  I deleted the icon, went to a download site recommended by the
forum (I think it was Free4U) downloaded again and this time was able to
install it.  Now I need to do some reading and learning about how it works.=

Any caveats from anyone??
Joyce
P.S.  I took your advise and saved it my download file folder.