-=PCTechTalk=- Re: RegCleaner

  • From: Harold B <harold7@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 12:05:29 -0500

Hello again,

Go to Options and configure for MANUAL. Which means:
1. Making as old ... "manual" should be checked
2. Registry Cleanup > Cleanup ... "manual" should be checked

In RegCleaner 3.5, the rest of the configuration defaults
remain as is. Also, while you are configuring, you can delete
all languages except the one you need (English?). I don't
recall but I might have done that in the RegCleaner folder
(now in Program Files folder).

Now, for the first time, to make sure it is working to your
satisfaction, BACKUP THE REGISTRY (contact me if you need help
in that)

To operate it:
1. Click "Registry Cleanup" in the lower left hand corner
(give it time)
2. When it is done, go to Select, and click "All"
3. Then in the lower right hand corner, click "Remove
selected"
4. When done, click "Done" in the lower left hand corner
5. After the entries appear, click "Exit" and that should do
it

Any mistakes, you can always return the registry from your
backup ... Harold