-=PCTechTalk=- Re: QuickTime

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 14:57:41 -0400

Beverly,
    Lady Luck certainly had a strong sense of humor.     lol

    Actually, I am the one who has been slow.  I meant to type "Remote"
Assistance, but I also forgot that you're using Win98, which doesn't support
the feature.  In my defense, I had been trying desperately to nurse a very
sick pet over the past two months and it had taken up a lot of my focus.
Unfortunately, we lost her a couple of days ago.  I am looking into other
means of providing this type of Remote service, but it may be a little while
before I settle on a specific program for this.  So, at least for now, that
puts me back to trying to do this blind.

    In the meantime, I'm going to review everything we have discussed so far
(I keep all PCTT messages for reference) and see if I can spot anything else
that may have slipped past us.  I strongly suspect that this problem is a
simple one, but not being able to see what you're seeing is making this much
harder than it would be if I had your system on my desk.