-=PCTechTalk=- Re: QuickTime

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 02:31:36 -0400

Thank you so much, Beverly.  It's been a difficult few months, but the first
few days after losing her were much worse.

I've been working like mad trying to devise a simple, yet elegant method for
directly connecting to non-XP/Vista systems such as yours.  I'm making
headway, but it's coming along slower than I'd like, especially with you in
need of it.

So, I went about asking other techs what they've been using and several told
me to look into "Logmein", a free service with an upgrade path to a paid
version (that you never have to take if you don't want).  Actually, you get
to use the paid version for the first month or so as a 'trial', but can
switch it over to the Free version at any time before that time runs out.
If you're interested in giving it a spin, you'll need to go to the site and
go through the free sign up to make it work.  Once you have an account, you
download a single file and run it on your system.  Then, you can invite
anyone you want to connect to your computer where they can, with your
permission, take control and repair whatever needs to be fixed while you
watch.  I've included a couple of links below.  The first one explains the
program, the second lists all of the security features and the third is the
sign up page.  I bet it will seem rather strange as you watch your mouse
moving around without your help.    lol

http://tinyurl.com/6o3ncx
http://tinyurl.com/6s6lmh
http://tinyurl.com/pr5xd

This concept is exactly what I'm trying to build for my customers and
friends like you, but I don't want to make you wait that long to get your
system back in shape.  It's important that you know that I only want you to
do this if you're comfortable giving me control of your PC.  You will always
have the ability to terminate the connection at any time.