-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Question

I do that also  but was lazy that day and just opened it
and let it install...........regretfully now!
----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2004 4:26 PM
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: Question

Hi Pat,
I make a point of creating a folder within my Downloads folder by the name
of the program I'm about to download.

I create a text file on Notepad with the program description, the URL
address and any instructions.
Save it to the new folder.
When I wish to download the program I right click and choose Save As to the
newly created folder.

Sample;

D:\Downloads\WindowWasher\Window Washer 5.0.txt

Webroot Software Inc - Home Page
www.webroot.com/
... All Rights Reserved. Window Washer 5.0.
http://www.webroot.com/wb/products/windowwasher/index.php
or; http://www.newfreeware.com/utils/458/

Clean your PC to boost system performance
and protect your privacy.
such as Cache and Cookie Washer,
Requirements:  8 RAM, 100 Mhz Processor, 5 MB Hard Drive Space, 8 MB RAM
Trial version Limitations:  30 day trial

Serial# or Key code 123 456 789 ect.
wwsetup445.exe (name of the downloaded file)

I close the download window after it has downloaded.
Then go back to the location I saved it to and scan the file with my
recently updated AV program.
Only then do I open and install it.

I keep the downloaded compressed file so I can burn it to a CD for future
restoration if I need to.

Editor MikesWhatsNews http://www.mwn.ca/

On 25/03/2004 at 3:19 PM =A7Pat=A7 wrote:

A good while ago I down loaded Windows Washer 5.0 and
I really like this program.....I use it all the time...my question
is did the link to it come from here....when I go to webroot
there is no a free verison  for it..Mine is still working and I
know 2 people who are on fixed incomes that would love to
have this..when I downloaded it I just opened it and let it install
I should have saved it them I could have sent it to them...
any ideas here? I just spent the better part of an hour in the archives
looking
to see if the link came through the list..no luck
Pat