-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Program to play DVD's on computer

  • From: "Andy" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 14:16:24 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: <HandsomeBlck@xxxxxxx>
To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 1:36 PM
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Program to play DVD's on computer

> Hello all,
> Does anyone know of a program that will allow me to play DVD's on my DVD
> player?

 I suspect you have just got a DVD drive installed and you are wondering how
you get the picture on the screen??

Well, there are two ways you can do it. Ideally, you need an internal DVD
decoder card, these tend to work better as it takes the pressure off the
cpu, and they usually have 'Out' sockets so you can hook up to your big
screen telly,  but if your PC is relatively quick (P500 or more) you can use
a 'Software Decoder'. There are plenty of these around, a couple are
freeware, and tend to be a bit limited, but if it's only for watching
movies, then I find them ok...The 'paid for' ones have more features. I use
Power DVD which came with the drive (Normally, drives are supplied with a CD
rom with a software decoder on).

Do a search on downloads,com or similar, you'll find there are loads to try.

Cheers

Andy