-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Problem with modem

  • From: Davisunit <davist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 11:21:34 -0400

Go to Control Panel/Modems, then click on Diagnostics.  Highlight the
modem, then click More Info button.  If you receive a bunch of
information in the window that pops up (might take a little while), then
you know it is installed properly.
If this is the case, I would assume the dialup connection you have is
not configured properly, so best to go into My Computer/Dialup
Networking and delete all icons that are in there, and start from
scratch by running the Make New Connection wizard.

Terry