-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Problem with modem

  • From: "Scott" <millop69@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 18:12:12 -0800

Hi there. The name is Scott and I am new to this list. I was noticing the
problem with the modem and was wondering if you are using Win XP Home. I do and
had a problem with a new modem one time as well. It turned out to be the Sasser
Worm which had taken control and wouldn't let the modem dial out. If indeed
that is the problem, you can have a friend download the fix from Microsoft and
copy to a cd. Then you can put in on your machine. That is how I fixed mine.
Hope this is helpful. Scott.