-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Please trim all replies! (was 'Re: Stack overflow')

  • From: dktrfaustus@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 23:11:11 +0100

On 6 May 2005 at 8:23, milady wrote:
> I hate to do this BUT, the immediate sense I get from this is: please
> take the time to perfect in the future. Like don't allow mistakes?...
> gettin a little bit off the deep end doncha think?...we ALL got the
> case of forgettin...

Yes, we all forget these things...and like it or not, it's the job of
the moderators to remind people.

Encouraging members to trim their replies is something ALL the
moderators do here on a regular basis, and we've done it since the
very beginning. We've even modified the footer of every post to
remind people of this policy.

It's horrible to single people out; I don't enjoy it, but it's
unavoidable in this case. Ultimately, I wasn't attacking one person,
but addressing a wider issue, and I hope to make that clear to
everyone, now, if I didn't previously.

Faustus