-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Partition Magic 8.0

  • From: "Wyatt M. Portendt" <nunyabidness6@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 18:52:58 -0500

Definitely not any of those.  I booted from the CDROM and the same thing
happened.

On 5/8/2003 at 6:32 PM a whisper was heard, and the one known as Wyatt M.
Portendt was rumoured to have uttered....

          |  Glad to know they are good with support.  There
          |  shouldn't be an antivirus
          |  loaded because it does it before Windows is loaded and my
          |  antivirus doesn't
          |  load until the login screen.  I'll disconnect the ethernet
          |  cable and try it
          |  disabled, though, just to be sure.  There is no BIOS virus
          |  checking and no
          |  Go Back.  Would XP's System Restore get in the way?  Also,
          |  could it be the
          |  HP hidden partition with the restore on it be causing
          |  problems?  I could
          |  attempt to get rid of that since I have actual restore disks
          |  now and a
          |  patched barebones image on CD.
          |

          |  On 5/8/2003 at 4:13 PM a whisper was heard, and the one known
          |  as
          |  TechRose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx was rumoured to have uttered....
          |
          |            |  I currently run Partition Magic 8 on my Western
          |            |  Digital Drives.
          |            |
          |            |  The only time I had any problems trying to resize
          |  my drives
          |            |  occurred after I
          |            |  had uninstalled Go Back.  The Drives had been
          |  partitioned with
          |            |  Partition
          |            |  Magic and Go Back was installed.  Then, I had to
          |  reformat (I
          |            |  just did some
          |            |  partitions...like the C:) and then I could not re
          |  allocate all
          |            |  the space...
          |            |  and I tried several things.
          |            |
          |            |  I called Tech Support...and it did not take long
          |  for them to
          |            |  figure out wha
          |            |  the problem was and told me how to fix it.
          |            |
          |            |  I have called them quite a few times....4-6 times
          |   over the
          |            |  years..and I
          |            |  have always gotten excellent support from them.
          |            |
          |            |  I have been using both Western Digital Drives
          |  (the 7200 -
          |            |  Since they were
          |            |  released) and have used Partition Magic 6, 7 & 8
          |  and have
          |            |  always resolved
          |            |  any issues I have had... with their help.
          |            |
          |            |  The only other thing that comes to mind..is to be
          |  sure you do
          |            |  not have
          |            |  Norton or other virus programs running.
          |            |  Rose
          |            |  Las Vegas
          |            |
          |            |
          |            |
          |            |  Has anyone had problems with this software and
          |  Western Digital
          |            |  drives?  I
          |            |  keep getting an error 1513 whenever I try to
          |  resize or create
          |            |  a new
          |            |  partition from other partitions.  I've emailed
          |  tech support,
          |            |  but thought
          |            |  maybe someone here has run into it.  I did the
          |  chkdsk /f, but
          |            |  no go.  I
          |            |  used the Western Digital drive diagnostics and
          |  there aren't
          |            |  any problems.
          |            |  The drive isn't old and hasn't ever had any
          |  problems.  Here's
          |            |  what the
          |            |  manual said and I followed the steps and am
          |  awaiting a reply.
          |            |
          |            |  #1513 Bad attribute position in file record
          |            |  This error can often be resolved by running
          |  CHKDSK /F on the
          |            |  affected disk.
          |            |  For
          |            |  instructions on running CHKDSK, see PowerQuest
          |  Solution How to
          |            |  Run
          |            |  Microsoft CHKDSK from the Command Line.
          |            |  If running CHKDSK /F does not help, please send
          |  the following
          |            |  items to
          |            |  PowerQuest Technical Support:
          |            |
          |            |  <snip>
          |            |
          |            |  Hope no one minds if I cross post this.
          |            |
          |            |
          |            |  To unsub or change your email settings:
          |            |  //www.freelists.org/webpage/pctechtalk
          |            |
          |            |  To access our Archives:
          |            |
          |            |  //www.freelists.org/archives/pctechtalk/
          |            |
          |            |  For more info:
          |            |
          |  //www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/list?list_id=pctechtalk
          |            |
          |            |  To unsub or change your email settings:
          |            |  //www.freelists.org/webpage/pctechtalk
          |            |  To access our Archives:
          |            |  //www.freelists.org/archives/pctechtalk/
          |            |  For more info: