From: Wyatt M. Portendt
Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2003 6:57 PM
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Partition Magic 8.0

Has anyone had problems with this software and Western Digital drives?
keep getting an error 1513 whenever I try to resize or create a new
partition from other partitions.  I've emailed tech support, but thought
maybe someone here has run into it.  I did the chkdsk /f, but no go.  I
used the Western Digital drive diagnostics and there aren't any
problems.
The drive isn't old and hasn't ever had any problems.  Here's what the
manual said and I followed the steps and am awaiting a reply.

#1513 Bad attribute position in file record
This error can often be resolved by running CHKDSK /F on the affected
disk.
For
instructions on running CHKDSK, see PowerQuest Solution How to Run
Microsoft CHKDSK from the Command Line.
If running CHKDSK /F does not help, please send the following items to
PowerQuest Technical Support:

<snip>

Hope no one minds if I cross post this.