-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Partition Magic 8.0

  • From: "*~-= NeFoX =-~*" <pcstuff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 19:28:29 -0400

I had the same error with Partion Magic 8.0 but using a Maxtor drive. I
tried many time to resolve the errors then resorted to booting to the
drive and using XP partion utility to adjust the drive as I needed. Once
partioned I aborted the installation of XP. I lost a lot of data this
way but luckily had backups.

I have never had good luck with partion magic, ever,

#1513 Bad attribute position in file record
This error can often be resolved by running CHKDSK /F on the affected
instructions on running CHKDSK, see PowerQuest Solution How to Run
Microsoft CHKDSK from the Command Line.
If running CHKDSK /F does not help, please send the following items to
PowerQuest Technical Support:

Hope no one minds if I cross post this.