-=PCTechTalk=- Re: POP3 vs. IMAP

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 20:31:35 -0400

Sandi,
    Thanks for the vote, but be aware that this was only a nutshell
description.  IMAP and POP3 can also be used within different mobile devices
and the description of their differences there becomes MUCH longer.  This
description also doesn't take into account any thoughts on actually setting
them up.  I just wanted to try to clear up some of the more peripheral
(non-port related) confusion I was detecting over the recent threads.
:O)

Peace,
Gman