-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Outlook - WinXP exclusive email program

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 05:03:13 -0500

Hi Stefan,
    I do not have that Mail option, so it must have been placed there by one
of the programs you have on your system.  No problem, though.

    I can show you how to use System Restore, but since the issue began a
couple of weeks ago, I wish to change my suggestion on how to fix the
problem.  Using System Restore will take your system back to a time before
the issue started.  That means that every modification done to the system
since then will be removed as if it never happened.  That's a good thing for
problems, but not so good for programs you've installed since then or system
changes you've made and no longer have access to the original tutorial or
program that allowed you to make those intentional changes.  Let me know if
you still prefer to try System Restore instead of what follows below.

    As a result, I will suggest performing a repair of Outlook using the
original installation disc and the Add/Remove applet.  To do this, go back
into Control Panel and double click on the Add/Remove Programs applet.  Once
it fully loads, locate your installation of Office and click on the Modify
button.  One of the choioces will be to repair Office and you should choose
that option.  The original install options will be presented to you and
you'll be able to repair the Outlook part of your install.  My hope is that
this will be enough to reassert Outlook as the default email program in all
things, including what happens when you click on that "Send Link" control.
Once the repair is conpleted, close out of all windows and reboot your
system.  When it comes back up, test to make sure the issue is now truly
just a bad memory.      :)

Peace,
Gman
http://www.bornagainamerican.org