-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Off topic--Credit reports - Suze Orman

  • From: CINDRA4@xxxxxxx
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 00:00:41 EDT

Rose
I love Suze Orman and I watch her all the time. My DVR is set to record her
on Oprah as I won't be at home when it's on. I joined her saving program last
year with TD Ameritrade and I have more than my Christmas fund already saved
and ready to spend. It seemed like every Christmas would arrive and I would
charge up the cards then it would take forever to pay them off so I decided to
change my ways and am glad I did.
Cindy

In a message dated 9/22/2008 8:49:31 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
TechRose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I do not know if any of you are familiar with Suze Orman.  I just went to
> her web site... www.suzeorman.com.
> She is going to be on Oprah TOMORROW!  She is worth watching!
> If you have an opportunity to watch her on TV (She has her own show) or see
> her on QVC (where she sells some products (I think are good...like
> preventing identity theft) One of the things that is included..is you will
> be notified every time someone tries to open a credit card with your name -
> SSN.  I have it set to I have to tell them it is ok for them to allow the
> info to go to the company. I would recommend you do watch her and listen
> Suze's shows.  They are very informative.
>
> Folks call into her talk radio show that is on TV also..and they tell her
> their financial situation and what they want to buy and how they plan on
> buying it..and she tells them..yes or no and why.... I enjoy her!  Of
> course.this is not steady TV for me..just once in a while I catch her and
> watch for a bit.  I love how she explains to the 20 something's about
> responsibility and such.,...
>
> She is sort of the Queen of saving money, keeping your credit in good
> condition..planning for retirement and gee...being generally responsible for
>
> your own actions.
> Maybe she should start a class in Kindergarten..and work her way up.
>
> All these folks who bought homes they really knew they could not afford..and
>
> the realtors who talked them into it and the mortgage companies who took
> bad/phony info to make loans to these folks....should have had these
> classes!
> The housing boom here in Las Vegas was fertile ground for builders.  They
> would try to sell 2 or 3 homes to 20 something's who could not in anyway
> afford them unless they were occupied for 30 years non stop.  I am talking
> about single moms who could barely qualify for a home..(with help from mom &
> dad and maybe even the government.).  The builder would have them finance
> with a certain mortgage company at reduced fees...and then.. they would use
> an inflated value of the home they just bought to show they had enough
> equity to buy a second house..and they sometimes did that for a 3rd home
> too!  Then, a few months later...the single mom can barely make the payments
>
> on her home!  And..she loses the other home(s) and maybe the first one too!
> Guess who gets all the fees?  What a rip off!
>
> It is time we all get responsible for our actions...and stop having to be
> responsible for the actions of others....
> Wow! I just went nuts... lol!  Sorry about that...
>
> Anyway, checking your OWN credit is fine..and good...
> But when you have a lot of folks checking your credit for things you are
> considering purchasing..that sort of sends up red flags...
>
> So, unless you are afraid your identity has been stolen..or have some other
> serious problem, using the method GMan spelled out about getting one FREE
> report every 3-4 months would work just fine.
> [...]

Looking for simple solutions to your real-life financial
calculators.