-=PCTechTalk=- Re: OE address book

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 23:37:00 -0500

Simple as pie.  Or is it cake?     ;)

Head over to the link below and download the installer.  During the install,
you'll be asked to sign up for membership.  That's not necessary right now,
so click on the 'skip this' link to get past that part.  Once installed,
fire up the app and again click on the 'skip this' link to get past the
membership request.  You may also get one or two other po-ups asking to
allow or deny the connection &/or asking you about connecting to one of
their helpers.  Answer Yes to allowing the connection and click on the small
"'close' link at the bottom of the other.

www.crossloop.com

You'll be left with a small window containing two tabs.  One called Share
and the other called Access.  Since you're looking to Share your desktop
with me, you'll need to make sure the Share tab is the one selected.  You'll
see you computer's name in the top text box and a 12 digit code in the
bottom one.  You'll need to copy.paste that code into an email and send it
privately to me so I can enter it into my own Access tab area.  Wait one and
a half minutes after you click Send on that message and then click on the
big Connect button.  That will give me exactly two minutes in order to get
your email, copy the code into my own app and click the same button.  If we
time it right, we'll be connected soon after you send me the code.  If more
than two minutes goes by before I get, paste and click, we'll have to try it
again with a different code.  These codes have this two minute limitation
purely for security purposes and to frustrate their users, but it's still a
great way to connect to someone else's system and take a peek or een show
them how to do different things.       lol

Peace,
Gman
http://www.bornagainamerican.org