-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Nortons vs others -- HELP

  • From: <TechRose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 16:00:50 -0700

I should say..I removed it and reinstalled it.  And..it appears to be
running just fine.  I did both Norton Systemworks and Norton Personal
Firewall.

If you are just dealing with the stand alone version of the virus software
... the uninstall may not be as complicated as mine was for the Systemworks
and the Firewall.  Also, you have to read very slowly and carefully as
instructions are different..for each software package.....

By the way... I was asked how long it normally takes to virus scan my whole
system. Since I had flaky stuff happen yesterday mornning.

I ran it again (a complete system scan) when I went to bed last
night...and..... It took

4 & 1/2 hours to do 703, 418 files!

I installed a bunch of programs yesterday..and have tons to do.....

But... this includes my backup drive that is redundant info.

Rose