-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Nortons System Works versus Nortons antivirus

  • From: <TechRose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 01:19:19 -0800

Christy,

Where do you live?  What stores do you have available to you.?  Most stores
that sell computer programs, etc.. CompUSA, Fry's, Office Max, Office Depot,
Staples, etc have websites and you can sign up for updates and sales... I
get the Sunday CompUSA add on Friday's in my email.  Also, I get the Sunday
paper and look at all the computer related ads.. and on Friday I get the
Fry's ads.

Tell me what stores you have..and I will holler when I see an add.....
Also.. you can check the Norton site... for sales and upgrades and
rebates..but I am not sure they are as good a deal.

Right now is usually a good time to get it as when you buy tax
software..they sometimes have a deal for Norton too.

Norton has utilities I use ....The Norton Win Doctor Every day.  This checks
the registry and short cuts and lots of other stuff.
It gives you the opportunity to see ..on a regular basis.. if there are any
problems in the registry..and the opportunity to fix them..or address the
issue.

Since I run CleanUP every day..I do not use Clean Sweep very often.  But
Clean Sweep will help get rid of temp files.

 I also use the Optimizing Utility regularly.  It will analyze the amount of
fragmentation and then also optimize the drive.

I use Norton regularly.  I use to really NOT like Norton..but it has
improved.  I like it a lot.  As some have mentioned, it still has some
overhead, but I think my 3+ yr old computer runs just fine with it..so I am
happy.

You can send me the names of the store near you and I will monitor the ads
as I get them.  This offer is open to anyone..so holler...

hugs,
Rose
Las Vegas