-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Need Help with Virus

Ok Don. Now that you have manually removed the virus and your machine is
running but still trying to contact that site, I am hedging a bet that you
havnt run any kind of registry cleaner. If that is true, then I would
suggest getting one of those programs that do it all automatically,
including the pre-cleaning backup.
I use 2 differant ones and both are free downloads.
1) Regseeker, found here: http://www.hoverdesk.net/freeware.htm
and
2) RegscrubXP, found here:
http://www.majorgeeks.com/Lexun_RegScrubXP_d2048.html

However I'm not sure if the 2nd one will work with Win98SE. But there are
lots of others available for free.

So I hope this helps you. By the way, I went to zviframe.biz and got nothing
but a blank page. Hmmm. Dunno, just trying to help.
Cheers, Scott.

I don't think people really read the description of my problem.
I can't use an on line scanner if the virus keeps me from
getting on line.  I tried Avast, AVG, Spybot, and AdAware
and none of them found the problem with my system.
I manually deleted the files that the virus installed on my
system and it is now working without problems from the
virus.  The only problem remaining is that my computer
still tries to download files from www.zviframe.com but I
have it blocked.  But there are resources being expended to
continuously try to connect to that site.

I requested that anyone google to try to find out about this
site but nobody responded.  I have since tried it myself
but did not find any useful information.

Don Elias

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0540-5, 10/06/2005
Tested on: 10/6/2005 6:38:17 AM