-=PCTechTalk=- Re: NOD32 and Microsoft Secuity Essentials question.......

  • From: "Mike the mod" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 16:28:03 -0700

Hi Rudy,
I use Eset Security Suite the same company that makes
Nod32.  Auto updated today at 11am 4.0.417.0
I think is is the best security program available<VBG>

I think Eset/Nod notifies us faster than the MS updates
does.

I'm not sure but I have had the orange warning and
looked for the MSUpdates icon notification and not
found it.

But doing a Windows Update from the Start button
find the new update.

I seem to recall the MSUpdate does not appear till after
noon/12PM PMT here in BC Canada.

I don't have Microsoft Security Essentials running all
the time, but have it set to notify for updates.

Mike the mod @ PCTechTalk & vista_ & Win7