-=PCTechTalk=- Re: My Documents

  • From: "Sandi Beach" <sandib2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 08:16:13 -0600

I experimented with the very last one I sent to you and lo and behold it had
in it (along with other things) the Change of Address (COA) app that you
sent to me not very long ago.  I was not asked to supply an extension for
the file.  I just kept clicking on next and let it replace the existing
file.  When I opened up My Documents it was in the unzipped folder and it is
operable.  The shortcut I had made for it before and put in my maintenance
folder on my desktop worked and opened the app.
This is some kind of miracle!!  I will be pretty occupied for a while
restoring these things to their proper place.
There were several other things, now identified, in that last weird file.
One was the XP validation key and another was a screensaver.
I only restored COA but I am going looking in that unzipped folder in My
Documents to see if those others are invalid or are working.  This is all
such a mystery to me!
Sandi