-=PCTechTalk=- Re: My Documents

  • From: GMan <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 16:57:25 -0500

Sandi,
    Part of the job is done, but you still need to uncompress them.

    Give each file a .GZ extension.  You can do this by right clicking on
the file and choosing Rename from the menu.  You can accomplish the same
thing by clicking on the name once, waiting about a second and then clicking
on it again.  The first click selects the file while the second click gets
it ready for renaming.  Either way, just add ".gz" (without quotes) to the
end of each file's name.  WinZip knows how to handle these files.  When
you're done renaming, click somewhere else inside the folder to set it.
Next, double click on the file and WinZip will open.

    After getting rid of the nag screen, you'll be asked to supply an
extension for the file inside.  I was able to get it to decompress the file
by using '.txt', but for the smaller files, you might want to try the
extension you think it should be (fgc, cgc or hcr - whichever one goes with
the non-working card app).  Since the card program is not properly installed
right now, you won't be able to open them, but they will now be in a format
that can be recognized by the app once it's reinstalled and working
properly.

    As for larger files, they are probably not cards you had saved (unless
some of the cards also contain sounds &/or large images).  For those, you
will still need a decent viewer.  I am still working on locating one that I
feel will be worth a download for you.  Stay tuned!           :O)

Peace,
GMan
http://reddit.com
"The only dumb questions are the ones we fail to ask!"