-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Mozilla and Netscape

  • From: Jack Fuselier <jackf@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 06:53:35 -0500

  For one thing, I have gotten pretty fed up with smartaleck knowitall
newbies knocking Netscape 4.xx.  It still works better and faster and
is more intuitively user friendly than anything else I ever tried.
  Is this a free country for browser choice or not?  Jack F

"David J. Weaver" wrote:
> Mozilla is the engine that Netscape uses.  It is also the basis for KMeleon,
> and some other open-source browsers.
> Personally I would like to see Mozilla as the new standard rather than IE.
> Mozilla is cross-OS compatible, it isn't owned by any one person, and they
> take new ideas seriously.  It's free, easy to use and add-ons are readily
> available. It's also quick.
> Let's hear anyone (including Bill) say that about IE.
> David Weaver

               Tact and diplomacy is no defense against muggers
                <http://www.gunsmith.fuselier.com> East Texas