-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Mail Retrieval

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 15:02:17 -0500

From their Support area:
"Email is appearing in my email client at home (Outlook, Eurdora etc.) but
when I log into mail2web.com I have nothing in my inbox. Why is this
happening?
When you enter your email address and password into mail2web.com it attempts
to log into your email server to view messages that haven't been retrieved.
Most email clients, if left open and running on your PC, automatically
retrieve new message and download them from your mail server. For this
reason when mail2web.com tries to access your account, nothing appears as
the new message has already been downloaded to your PC."

So, some questions to ponder:
1.    Are you using their free or paid service?

2.    Is there any chance that another app is downloading/removing them from
the server before you can look for them using this service?

3.    When you KNOW that there are messages in there that M2W isn't seeing,
are you later able to retrieve them by other means?

4.    Are you using their standard email retrieval service or their Live
offering?

Peace,
Gman