-=PCTechTalk=- Re: MAILWASHER

  • From: The Keyboard Cowboy <KBCowboy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Al & Faythe <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 21:12:20 -0500

First, read my previous post on this.  Dumping your current e-mail
address.....and using a separate address for purchases, etc., may well
provide the biggest return on investment.

As for SPAM programs. Mailwasher Pro is a darned good program, but I
understand why one would say it's not the easiest to use.  I've gotten
used to it, but it's not very intuitive.

I recently tried Mail Snoop Pro written by a really nice guy in
Europe.  Setup was a breeze and I worked with the author and he made a
couple of changes I suggested.  It's a pretty easy program to run.
$35

http://www.rainbow-innov.co.uk/content/msp_features.asp

My current program, and my favorite so far, is one I tried a while
back (under a different name then) and gave up on -- then tried again
just recently and fell in love with it!  It's called Aggressive SPAM
Defense and it costs $33.  It's garnered some 21 different five star
awards.

http://www.hace.us-inc.com/asd.shtml

Not only is it probably the easiest to set up, it is also quite easy
to develop the proper filters, etc.  It's one of those, "you gotta try
it to see how good it is" programs.  Having tried probably a dozen in
the past two years...this is my favorite.  Another thing I really like
is that it doesn't interfere with my working in other programs.
There's nothing more annoying than typing a nice long
sentence......only to find it wasn't typed because my SPAM program was
trying to tell me how many new e-mails had been filtered <chuckle>

A short excerpt from the site:

Depending on how much spam-index the email has accumulated, it is put
in either the red, yellow or green category.

This makes a very easy to use and flexible system. You hardly ever
have to touch the keyboard to operate ASD. To tune it to the kind of
email that you receive, just click a button and drag a bar and ASD
will adjust to your new settings.

In addition you have Force Delete. This mode of operation does not
depend on spam-indexes. It works very simple. If an email is found
containing an item marked as Force Delete in any of the spam-lists, it
will be deleted without any further processing. This is a very
targeted and accurate way of deleting spam.

When an email is deleted, it is deleted from the mail-server itself.
This means that the email will never even touch your computer's hard
drive. In addition to saving space on your computer, it also prevents
your machine from accidentally being infected by an email-virus.

  Regards from

Bob -- the "Keyboard Cowboy",
          ,,,,,,,,
         =D4=BF=D4=AC
   Cincinnati, Ohio
Scottsdale, Arizona
---------------------------------
Monday, 2/14/2005, @ 8:57:02 PM EST
---------------------------------
Do not use a hatchet to remove a fly from your friend's forehead. -
Chinese Proverb

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D|:o:|=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 19:06:25 -0600, Al & Faythe wrote:
  |   I have been reading this topic with interest..
  |   I am going crazy with spam ! it makes me not even want to open
  |   my mail box (sniff)
  |
  |   I have mailwasher & find it hard to program & set rules with
  |   out it blacklisting mail I want!
  |
  |   are any of these recommend programs a free download & easy to
  |   set up ??? and where do I find them.... fumble fingers
  |   Faythe....
  |
  |    |    |    |   KC For SPAM blocking programs I recommend
  |    |    |    |   three, SPAMEater Pro, Mail