-=PCTechTalk=- Re: LizaMoon Infection

  • From: <recklessmaverick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 12:22:21 -0400

Thank you Dan!  I added a little to your message and sent it to everybody
whose computers I maintain.  Here's my revised version:

A nasty piece of malware known as LizaMoon has hijacked links on millions of
websites in the past weeks, including some normally safe iTunes and Google
links.

Read about the LizaMoon infection and how to manage an infection at
http://windowssecrets.com/2011/04/07/01-LizaMoon-infection-a-blow-by-blow-ac
count

This article describes the sort of things to look at to determine if a
warning or error message is legitimate or a scam.  Virtually all scams of
this type have similar clues to tell you it is a scam.

If you encounter a scam NEVER click OK, SAVE, RUN or buttons that would give
approval for the scam to continue.  CALL ME ASAP

Save this message so you can refer to it in the future to refresh your
memory about what to look for.

Don

in the Subject.