-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Katrina OT

  • From: " milady" <kg6ocz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 08:35:08 -0700

I guess the thing is that the US is EXPECTED to be there for everyone in the
world.   .And because we are who we are in this country we can't  refuse
responsibilitys to help others. Which of course drains this country
considering the amount of military downsizing tha'ts gone on. No forsight
there--only bottom line concerns--So when it comes time to help our own
people, the resources that have been so stretched just aren't in order to do
the job.  Then maybe we have to consider that no such massive catastrophe
has occurred in recent times... plans to care for such problems just weren't
available. It wasn't known WHAT would really be needed..You learn as you go
thru. Like anything else.  You can't know until it happens.  Sad but true.
sighhhhhhhhhhhh A very painfull experience...