-=PCTechTalk=- Re: JS Fortnight B Trojan

  • From: "Wyatt M. Portendt" <nunyabidness6@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2003 15:48:55 -0500

OE 6 supposedly will read messages as text, but I've read in other places
that it is not plain text, only unformatted HTML.  I use Calypso, but there
are other plain text email programs.  Foxmail, Pegasus, Eudora, TheBat, and
some others.  I prefer Calypso.  It isn't that big of a deal to have an
always on connection if you use (carefully) a good firewall and if you use
more than one computer online, run them through a router.

I've been on cable for about a year and have only had two attack attempts
that were both caught by the router/software firewall combination that I
use.  When an attack is attempted, all internet activity is blocked for a
predefined period of time.  The speed is worth the risks and with smart
computing the risks aren't all that severe.

On 6/8/2003 at 12:47 AM a whisper was heard, and the one known as Glo was
rumoured to have uttered....