-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Is Faustus here?

  • From: dktrfaustus@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 01:07:00 +0100

On 9 Aug 2004 at 15:45, cris wrote:
> Thank you VERY much!!

You're very welcome.

> what happens if I move my desktop? is that complicated with the
> shortcuts? Cris

It shouldn't be. Remember, all these things are just folders and
files to an operating system, and again, all you have to do is copy
your old files over to the new location.
As long as you can remember the location of your old desktop
(C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop), you can always go back to
it if you run into trouble.

Try to weigh up what you really NEED to move around, though. For
instance, I haven't tried moving the location of my desktop because
there is no great advantage in doing so. All I have on my desktop are
a few shortcuts, which only add up to a few kilobytes of space. Same
deal with things like the Favorites menu. Bear that in mind with your
own setup.

Faustus