-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Is Faustus here?

  • From: dktrfaustus@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2004 12:25:21 +0100

On 7 Aug 2004 at 22:24, cris wrote:
> Can you send me more specific instructions please?

OK. We'll change the location of 'My Documents' as an example.

In X-Setup, Once you are in File >> System >> Folders, click on the
Data sub-folder, then the tweak named 'General Folders #1'.

The right-hand side of the screen will look something like this:

[ 'General Folders #1' ]
[Label: 'Personal Files'] [text box] [grey button: '...']
[Label: 'Program Data'] [text box] [grey button: '...']
[Label: 'Desktop'] [text box] [grey button: '...']

['Apply Changes' button]

[Tweak description]

Click inside the text box next to 'Personal Files'. Type in the new
location of your My Documents folder. For example:

C:\Cris\Docs

[If this folder does not already exist on your hard drive, X-Setup
will create it.]

Click the 'Apply Changes' button. A warning will pop up, telling you
to move your files from the old location to the new one. You can do
this later. For now, close X-Setup and log off or reboot the PC as
prompted.

When your computer has restarted, you can then move your old
documents into 'C:\Cris\Docs'.
(If you were logged on as the administrator, your documents should be
somewhere like: 'C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents')

To test if it worked, open up Microsoft Word or another Office
program, and try opening and saving some documents. They should
default to your new location.

Hope that helps,

Faustus